Fragster.com :: View topic - Hello? Uhh Welcome to 2011 - We Must LAN!
Hello? Uhh Welcome to 2011 - We Must LAN!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragster.com Forum Index -> Tell us what ya think
View previous topic :: View next topic  
  Danic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Hello? Uhh Welcome to 2011 - We Must LAN! Reply with quote

This place is dead!?! I miss fragster peeps!
I can host semi-large LAN. Only downside to my place we have to keep the noise down. LANs would have to end by midnight.

Anyone one know place of business with empty space?
Huge Conference tables would be awesome.
There so many empty buildings (and warehouses) around my work. I wish we could use them!.

Ping!

Jason 'Danic' 

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  DrDeath

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready! We just need a host, and a date. Then I'll send out the invite. It has been way too long... 

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  Danic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Lan Dates Reply with quote

Ok, I may have a building we could use for 50-60 man LAN.
So, I want to start off with a poll of what dates would be good for people. I was hoping to do one this fall Oct-Nov. Hate to steal Frag-a-ween name but Its a good time for a LAN.!

Oct 28-30
or
Nov 4-6 

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  DrDeath

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a BIG LAN! I think November would be better for me, as I'll probably be busy on the 29/30 decorating the house for Halloween.

You all reved up to throw a LAN after returning from the PDX LAN?

Way to go Waldo, winning the Left4Dead tournament at PDX! Woohoo!!! 

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  FAngel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in for this as well and +1 for November (and BF3 will be out Smile. Also there is a big Lan (210 peeps) in Sac at Intel on Oct 14-16th as well. I posted it in the other forum, but here's the info:
http://lanfest.intel.com/?page=event&sub=content&view=main&eventid=1774

Im at seat A4, it just opened up for registration as well. And has sold out the last 2 or 3 lans. 

DrDeath

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Two HUGE LANs on the same weekend! Reply with quote

WTFO!?!

I don't know if this is a competition between Intel and nVidia, but GeForce LAN 6 will be held October 14-16, same dates as the Intel LAN in Sacramento. But dig this... How are you gonna beat the GeForce LAN venue? This is an 800 player LAN (vs. Intel's measly 210) onboard the USS Hornet! Featuring Battlefield 3 with the players in the hanger of this aircraft carrier!

http://www.geforce.com/News/articles/geforce-lan-6

So, FAngel, is it too late to return those tickets? I know where I want to go! 

FAngel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Two HUGE LANs on the same weekend! Reply with quote

DrDeath wrote:
WTFO!?!

So, FAngel, is it too late to return those tickets? I know where I want to go!

Nope already getting a refund. Im sure they will re-schedule the Intel one. No question on which will be better Smile 

Danic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Woha! Reply with quote

Glad I didn't get tickets to the Intel lan. Geforce lan is bigger and closer to home!. And on a aircraft carrier! What I don't understand is why the tickets arn't for sale!. For car pooling, I can fit 3 in my car (4th seat is usually taken by computer equipment. Anyone with Suburban/Van?

Woot 800 people. What could possibly go wrong! 

DrDeath

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Car Pool Reply with quote

I do have a Suburban, so I could fit as much as four passengers and all our computers.

Wonder if I'll be allowed to set up my three monitors? 

Danic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Woot 3 monitors Reply with quote

Yeah probably have to buy 2-3 seats for 3 monitors.
If we carpool, are people driving home every night or staying at a local hotel? 

DrDeath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping to stay there. For some crazy reason I thought I heard they were going to make the birthing area available aboard the carrier, so players had a place to crash. I think I was dreaming... 

Danic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Staying on aircraft carier? Reply with quote

I read somewhere that select few gamers (pay extra I assume) will be able to stay on the carrier. I was thinking because its kinda close to home it would be cheaper to drive home to sleep. I dont think they would have accommodations for a lot of people. I guess we'll see when tickets go on sale.  
  DrDeath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so excited about this, I went and bought a pair of GTX580's! Stupid, stupid, stupid... STUPID FAST!

Amazon beat Newegg. $20 less, free shipping, and no sales tax! How could I say no? 

DrDeath

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, its true, there is space to sleep onboard the carrier. Check out this article: http://blogs.nvidia.com/2011/08/geforce-lan-is-back-on-an-aircraft-carrier/ 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragster.com Forum Index -> Tell us what ya think All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: