Fragster.com :: View topic - Lan Party Ahead!
Lan Party Ahead!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragster.com Forum Index -> Fragster LAN Parties
View previous topic :: View next topic  
  FAngel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Lan Party Ahead! Reply with quote

Wow, it's been WWAAAAAAAYYYYYY to long since a lan!
As ann FYI for you guys theres a big lan (210 peeps!) in Sac on October 14-16th at Intel.
Here's the scoop:
http://lanfest.intel.com/?page=event&sub=content&view=main&eventid=1774

It's before BF3 so Sad
But I'd guess many will be playing the pre-pay early beta access as well.
Woudl be good to see you guys. Im in seat A4 

DrDeath

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange how this LAN, and the nVidia GeForce LAN, both on the same weekend, are happening just prior to the BF3 release. Although, the GeForce LAN does advertise that "we’ll be showcasing the highly-anticipated Battlefield 3". I'm guesing there will be BF3 tournaments, playing the beta that should be released by then.

I went ahead and bought a pre-sale copy on Origin (AKA EA Downloader), so I would get the beta when it's released. I really wanted to own the game through steam, since I like and use Steam all the time, and I have a bitter taste remaining from my purchase of BF2142 on the EA Downloader. I'm already annoyed by the new Origin, as I haven't found a way for it to start up minimized. Everytome I start my computer I get it's window. I may have to disable the start with windows. I doubt I'll be making a friends list on it. Steam works great for that, and nobody's using xfire anymore. 

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  FAngel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on Origin, it sucks, and not having it on Steam blows.
As for the lans, the Intel one will be pretty dead now, GForce lan is premier.

But I have a strong feeling you wont be playing the beta version at the GForce lan. Every previous Gforce were it was Battlefied theamed they have given a free copy of the full game to all BYOC attendies, even before it officially shipped. Id be very surprised if that dosent happen again. I already bought mine on Origin as well to play the beta early. 

Danic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: TOO MANY LANS! Reply with quote

I just got e-mail from PDXLan that registration for GeForce is tomorrow (Sept 16th)
Price $80
Leet Seat $110
Live aboard $50

But I know of a closer event the same weekend. Guy is hosting 20 man LAN and its closer to home and 'free' ('tips' should be required). My buddy Bahx has more details. So far 10 people signed up. Anyone interested? Or GeforceLAN madness sounds better?

Personally I would go to either one. But i'll pick the one who I know the most people at!

From now on the 2nd weekend of October is now known as BYOC Holiday 

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  waldo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been to the USS Hornet (where GeForce LAN is) and it is pretty epic just to go and check out the ship. Plus i like that one since we can drive home each night. The one that Bahx's friend is having sounds like fun but is it only one day? remember we usually spend 1/2 the first day just trying to make everything work. I would vote for GeForce LAN  
  DrDeath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to GeForce LAN, buying two seats so my 5ft of monitors will fit, which is too big for even the 4ft Leet seats. Also I'm in for the live aboard. I know home is close, but for $50 to stay on an Aircraft carrier, I'm in for the whole experience. I'm just trying to decide if my son could handle the full ride. He's 10, so I have to accompany him the whole time. The 13 year old restrictions would be so much better.

I'm hoping we can get 10 peeps together, so we can apply for the group registration. 

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  Danic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Group Rate Reply with quote

6/10 for group rate eh? Half way there.

Going List
    DrDeath 2 tickets
    Me
    Waldo
    FAngel
    Sko

Maybe list

Pilvi
    paul
    Bahx
    Leah

^^^ I'm Bugging these guys. 

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  Danic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: tickets are for sale now Reply with quote

Geforce Lan 6
Tickets are for sale now!

what about group seating? Forget it? to little people? 

DrDeath

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: SOLD OUT! Reply with quote

What the hell! I missed out. No notification, even after friending them on Facebook. Crazy...
http://geforce.essagency.com/ 

Danic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: WHWHWHWHWHWHWHHWHWH!! Reply with quote

WTF SOLD OUT???!?!?!?!?!?!?

DrDeath

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: A few seats opening up Reply with quote

Tomorrow, 9/22/11 at 9PM Pacific, there will be some more BYOC tickets available, so not all hope is lost. I will be ready to pounce! 

DrDeath

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Got one! Reply with quote

I just looked after midnight, and there was one seat available, so I'm there! Now the trick will be to get a second seat adjacent, so I can bring the wall of monitors. I did LAN camp too! 

Dien_Time

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Got one! Reply with quote

SWEET! I'm In
BYOC Seat(s): Section A: F35 

DrDeath

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo! Way to go!!! 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragster.com Forum Index -> Fragster LAN Parties All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: