Fragster.com :: View topic - New Bay Area LAN Events
New Bay Area LAN Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragster.com Forum Index -> General LAN Party Talk (News & Reviews)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
  Warhawk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: New Bay Area LAN Events Reply with quote

Hello LAN Party people.

My name is Warhawk and I run The Mowers Clan [TMC].

I've been aware of your group for quite some time, but for some reason or other I was never able to make it out to any of your LANs.

As you all know, the local LAN scene has really dried up in the Bay Area over the years. Partly do to the scarcity of acceptable LAN locations, the bandwidth requirement of virtually ALL PC games now; and partly do to us all being older and more responsible these days (or something).

Not to mention, for quite a while there was a sharp decline in new and exciting multiplayer games for the PC platform.

Now we are seeing a resurgence in PC gaming, with more new and exciting multiplayer games than ever before.

I think now is a great time to revive the LAN scene and rebuild the local Bay Area based LAN community that there once was.

Right now I have a few locations in the Bay Area to use for LAN events. My clan has been using a Video Game museum located in Oakland to host some small events. Recently the museum has expanded their square footage, giving us an opportunity to expand the event.

We also have a few garages available to us to host some good old fashioned garage LANs as well. Lastly, I am looking into a small tech company in SF that is willing to let us use their break room to host a LAN. We estimate we can accommodate around 40 people there.

We have the equipment and the locations to host LAN events, now we just need the LANners.

I'm am posting here to see if any of you guys are still into this sort of thing and would be willing to traverse the bridge to come down for some of these LANs.

Currently, we announce our events via our facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/TheMowersClan

If you "like" the page, you will be notified when we put something new up.

We also have our own forums, if you want to join the discussions and be a part of our planning process.

www.mowersclan.com

Hope to see you guys at a LAN soon! 

Danic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Glad you posted Reply with quote

I'm glad you posted. I've been looking for lans but not much luck. Myself plus at 5 others would be down for some old fashion garage lans. Oakland isn't too far imo. I drove 12 hours to PDXlan just a few weeks ago. I liked your facebook page and maybe I'll be able to visit for your next event.  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  Nino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd gladly go out to any LAN events in the area. Haven't seen much action lastly but doesn't mean we can't start it!  
  Warhawk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Glad to see you guys are alive! Last month we had a house LAN at a place in Hayward. It was the first time having a LAN there so it was a bit of a trial run. We will be doing another one there this month, and when we feel like we have enough of a community built back up, we are looking to host a large event in SF.

We will announce events on our facebook, we usually also start a forum thread where we discuss details of upcoming event, so please feel fee to jump on and introduce yourselves.

Also, our teamspeak is un-passworded (info on our website), you are all welcome to jump on and use it however you like (as long as you don't troll, that is).

Lets play some games! 

Warhawk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you guys havn't seen, we have announced a house LAN that will be happening in Hayward on Sept 27th and 28th.

See the TMC facebook page for details/ to RSVP.

And also this thread: http://www.mowersclan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7811#

Hope to see you guys there! 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragster.com Forum Index -> General LAN Party Talk (News & Reviews) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: