Fragster.com :: View topic - Fragster.com Is Challenged!
Fragster.com Is Challenged!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragster.com Forum Index -> Clans, kinfolk, and Tribes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
  WabidWabbit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Fragster.com Is Challenged! Reply with quote

Hi guys.

I've been gone a year and I miss those garage LANs like crazy pop some C4 in Dr Death's chopper for me and remote detonate and say Wabbit says "hi"!

Since moving away to Seattle, I'm with a west coast gaming group now called the Dead Puppies Society that is very similar to Fragster.com in that it's a more mature crowd, has monthly LAN parties which has a number of people needing permits from their other halves to play Razz, and also plays together online three or four times a week as a fairly large group (well only large for UO.) We mainly play CoD:UO with a smattering of GW and we're just getting into BF2 now (about 8 of us play BF2.) BF2 seems to be the next big thing.

Anyhow, this got me thinking, especially as three or four of us spotted Dien Time on our rather empty unranked server today and popped in for an hour to keep him company. I started to think that maybe we could have an unoffical match. I know Fragster is a LAN party group but I know you've got die-hards playing BF2 whenever they can (you know who you are - I see you on nightly on Xfire!) So here's the deal/suggestion...

We arrange a regular hook up, say Monday nights at 9pm PST just for BF2?. (I don't mean to include tomorrow, that's too short a notice) and maybe we can get a DPS vs Fragster thing going just for fun! It's a lot more fun when you can scream down the mike at the person you just wasted after all, almost as good as a LAN party. Very Happy

We usually arrange to meet people on our Ventrilo channels. Just get the free v2.3.0 client from http://ventrilo.com and point it at sfo.jetstreamservers.com, port 7966. You'll get some nice pings as that Vent. server is located in the San Francisco Bay area. Once on, hunt around for the Dead Puppies Society channels and hop in there and we can get cracking! You're also welcome to hang out with us at other times too.

So what do you think guys? Think the Fragster.com BF2 die hards can get it together enough to put up a crew for some Monday night action, where we're all on the same Vent channel (no fun if you can't share the smack talk.) I'd be happy to lock down a server or we can just leave it open and see who else turns up. Our 32 slot BF2 server is located at 69.90.43.215. It's a JetstreamServers.com server so it's hosted out of Seattle. Pings to San Francisco from there are 18ms. However, hook up on Vent first please else you might as well be an anonymous person on the Internet. Voice chat amongst friends and friendly rivalry is what makes it all fun.

Let us know if you can come play. Feel free to post a response to our little challenge here in our forums if you like:
http://dead-puppies.com

See ya on the killing fields!

WW. 

WabidWabbit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a crosslink:
http://dead-puppies.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=254&PN=1&TPN=1

Don't be shy!
Come and say hi!

Mr. Green 

WabidWabbit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a lot of fun yesterday. Thanks Terry!

Looking forward to next Monday!

Twisted Evil 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragster.com Forum Index -> Clans, kinfolk, and Tribes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: