Fragster.com :: View topic - Fragster "Turkey Shoot" LAN Party - Nov. 19th 2005
Fragster "Turkey Shoot" LAN Party - Nov. 19th 2005
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragster.com Forum Index -> Fragster LAN Parties
View previous topic :: View next topic  
  DrDeath

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Fragster "Turkey Shoot" LAN Party - Nov. 19th 2005 Reply with quote

Okay folks, it's time for another Fragster LAN Party! You don't have much time to sign up, and the first 16 get in. Write us at LaNpArtyNeWs@Fragster.com to request a seat, and we'll put you on the list.

DON'T, that is to say, DO NOT ask for a seat if you aren't sure you can make it! The usual $10 will buy you sodas, snacks, and pizza (MMMmmm...).

The games will be BF2, and well, we'll have to see what else. Call of Duty 2 is just out, but we've yet to buy it, how about you?

As usual, gaming starts at noon, and goes 'till sun-up, or whenever the coffee wears off.

See you guys there! 

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  Fresh_Meat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm SOOOOOO There. guess I should start playing BF2 then eh! I have it installed but good-ping servers are hard to find for me.

Does fragsters have a server up? ip? 

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  JTSins

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOT!!!!!!!

Count me in!

I haven't tried COD2 yet, but I'm game to try it.

See ya there!

JTSINS 

JTSins

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreshMeat wouldn't know a good-ping server if it snuck up and slammed him with a ten-pound wide mouth bass....

I think the local authorities for FreshMeat's area FINALLY upgraded their tin-can and a string system to something called Telegraph.... 

Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm there!! Bringing Void also, so sign us both up please!!

Hellraiser 

HaVoK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please sign up Rustafari and myself for this LAN.

Sending an e-mail also just in case.

See ya there! Very Happy

bah... hate HTML coding 

Fresh_Meat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least i have a cool avatar. 

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  DrDeath

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Fragster's online BF2 server Reply with quote

Fresh_Meat wrote:
I'm SOOOOOO There. guess I should start playing BF2 then eh! I have it installed but good-ping servers are hard to find for me.

Yes, Fragster does have a BF2 server up. It will disappear as the party approaches, as it will be the LAN server as well. The server is called "Fragster.com" (go figgure...), and it would love to have some players flog it, so that we know it's ready for the LAN. Finding it by name is easy enough, but if you want the IP, it's: 206.176.254.93 with the default port.

The server is a non-ranked server, as EA wants you to host 10 non-ranked public server in order to be allowed to have a ranked server. Really this means there are tons of unpopulated non-ranked servers out there. So many in fact, that I don't have much reason to run this one, except that I can be sure the LAN server is working properly, and some bit of advertising for Fragster is out there.

If ya'll want to join us for our weekly online gaming, we do play BF2 on Monday nights at 9PM. Please refer to this article! 

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  DrDeath

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaVoK wrote:
bah... hate HTML coding

Sorry about the HTML trouble HaVoK. I'll have to look into why the forums isn't processing the tags. The attempt at a cooler signature shouldn't have been in vain... 

Dweebfire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Terry...can't make this one. Gotta trainee riding with me... not time off!  
  Fresh_Meat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Fragster's online BF2 server Reply with quote

DrDeath wrote:
Fresh_Meat wrote:

Yes, Fragster does have a BF2 server up. It will disappear as the party approaches, as it will be the LAN server as well. The server is called "Fragster.com" (go figgure...), and it would love to have some players flog it, so that we know it's ready for the LAN. Finding it by name is easy enough, but if you want the IP, it's: 206.176.254.93 with the default port.

The server is a non-ranked server, as EA wants you to host 10 non-ranked public server in order to be allowed to have a ranked server. Really this means there are tons of unpopulated non-ranked servers out there. So many in fact, that I don't have much reason to run this one, except that I can be sure the LAN server is working properly, and some bit of advertising for Fragster is out there.

If ya'll want to join us for our weekly online gaming, we do play BF2 on Monday nights at 9PM. Please refer to this article!

Thanks. I will try the IP tonight. I can't wait for the 19th.

Hope you are all ready for a good ole "Kiss Yer Sister" beatdown 

DrDeath

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: BF2 Server Reply with quote

This just in:

The server's IP will be changing for the LAN. Good news is, it'll still be online, and with 8Mb of upload bandwidth! Tomorrow, if all goes well, we'll be installing a 4Mb DL / 8Mb UL wireless rig that's got low low pings. NOT some 802.11 gear. Just look for a server named Fragster.

We will make at least our primary game server available via the internet, so that DPS, or or any of the gang that can't come can still join in. It'll be a bummer though if I get fragged, and can't throw something at you!

We bought CoD2, and FEAR, so we're looking to run LAN servers for those too.

Special thanks to our sponsor Vista Broadband for providing the fat bandwidth. After you've palyed at the LAN and love the internet connection, go on over to www.VBBN.com and go get you some. 

FAngel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swweeeeetttt,
Now that my rig is back up (8 weeks of no gaming Sad
COunt me in baby!!!!! WWOOHHOOO LAn party...... 

FAngel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, my post count is only 4. I must take it upon myself to spam this board more often.. Smile  
  DrDeath

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Okay, off topic, but sorta related? Reply with quote

This is beautiful! Gotta get the hell outa California if you want to have this kind of fun!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5854686068870249151 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragster.com Forum Index -> Fragster LAN Parties All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: