Fragster.com :: View topic - Fragster’s “bout fraggin time” LAN Party (7/21/07)
Fragster’s “bout fraggin time” LAN Party (7/21/07)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragster.com Forum Index -> Fragster LAN Parties
View previous topic :: View next topic  
  Dien_Time

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Fragster’s “bout fraggin time” LAN Party Reply with quote

Fragster’s “bout fraggin time” LAN Party

Has it really been six months since our last LAN? Wow!
What do yah say we spool up that PG&E meter again with an all day, all night, crazy @ss Fragster fun time.

~ Saturday July 21st, 2007 ~ Yep, wife approved, good time certified, and laugh till it hurts guaranty.

You know the drill – Starts at noon Saturday and goes till we simply can’t mouse anymore (O-Daylight hour next day).

To sign up; simply email us LaNpArtyNeWs@Fragster.com with some kinda phrase like, "Dude, PUT ME ON THE LIST!!!" or "I Wanna Play!!" Let us know yer Name & Handle to include that your CONFIRMED and COMMITTED in coming (Don't be flaking out the day before soldier, your squad is counting on you or we'll come find you online and SPANK YOU! =P

Da food? Have you guys had my BBQ jalapeno burgers before? …I didn’t think so.

More to follow
…Dien_Time… 

DrDeath

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gigity Gigity!!! I'm so there...

Twisted Evil 

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  Dien_Time

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - This is the signup list and its a news item on the home page
http://fragster.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=29&mode=&order=0&thold=0 

OverloadUT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! The Novato crew will not be making it as we just decided days ago to have our housewarming LAN on the exact same day.

We even voted and chose the date based on when everyone could make it, so we can't change it now! 

Dien_Time

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya buddy -
I see LAN party wars happening with this one Twisted Evil - we'll see you guys on the net...BF2/CoD2/CS:S you call it! 

DrDeath

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Humachi the two LAN parties together into one VLAN? Interesting idea. Then make a Fragster vs Apartment167 tournament? 

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  OverloadUT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This idea intrigues me very much!

Hamachi might not be the best way to do it, as often times LAN games are configured to use a much higher bitrate than when it's through the Internet, which could cause unneeded lag.

At the same time, we don't all own any of the games we play, so if it's a game like BF2 we'll need to be on a "patched" server which might require LAN play anyway.

I'll talk with the guys and see what people would want to play most. We're not huge players of any of those games, but for the sake of cross-LAN fun we'll pick the one we like the most. My brother has been urging us to try out CoD2 so perhaps it will be that!

I'll let you guys know what we come up with when the date gets closer. Razz 

Danic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Hamachi and VLANS Reply with quote

That be great if we could connect the two LANs together but Hamachi wont cut it. It only allows 16 free users and its p2p type of connection which be insane amount of connections for a average DSL/Cable router (linux box would be different Very Happy) . You would need two computers to be the VLAN hosts and connect to each other. I got a one router that can do this. PfSence and SmoothWall Linux (Routers) Distros can also I believe. The other problem is the both homes where the LANs going to be at will need at least half megabit upload to be playable. Which might throw this idea out right away. This would be something to test Before we setup the LAN. Any guys from the other group want to try or am I pushing our luck?  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  DrDeath

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fragster LAN has an 8Mb synchronous connection (That's 8Mb up and down, for anyone wondering...), and 5 IP addresses, thanks to our awesome sponsor, Vista Broadband. We use a Win2K server with dual NICs for our router. The stability and latency blows away a crappy Linksys. In fact it only adds 1ms, even under load.

I think if Apartment167 set up the same kind of router, a VLAN could be set up between the two, but I've never played with VLAN setup yet. I don't know what OverloadUT has for bandwidth at the Apartment167 LAN.

Obviously, a pair of linux boxes could do this too, but I've not become proficiant enough with linux to take this on.

We could simply password protect our gameserver, and the problem would be solved, but if we can sort out VLAN details, then we could share any dedicated server at either LAN painlessly.

Anybody have a pair of Cisco routers lying around that they can set up to handle the task? 

Danic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

8mbit connection DAMN! I want! Maybe I'll give them a call! Smile

Anyway, I could set up a box behind or besides(having 5 ip's is nice) the router to connect the two networks. But someone on the OverloadUT side will need a computer to run my Customized Live Router CD. I got so much extra parts maybe I can build one more computer for them.

OverlordUT want to give it a shot?

Danic 

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
  OverloadUT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to try whatever, although I think the best route will be to simply open the server to the Internet with a password.

The LAN is at my home which has a 3.0/768 DSL connection. Not great (especially the upload) but we've had a half dozen of us play FPSs online before without any noticeable slowdown, so it should be fine.

If only I could convince my work to let me have the LAN in our office, where we get a full 45 mbits... Wink 

Danic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Not Great? Reply with quote

Quote:
3.0/768 DSL connection. Not great

Not great? I would love to have that... Ugh I get 2mbit down about 200k or less up Sad 

OverloadUT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Not Great? Reply with quote

Danic wrote:
Not great? I would love to have that... Ugh I get 2mbit down about 200k or less up Sad

Well it FEELS slow after being at work all day. Wink I just did a speed test at Speakeasy and got this:

Download Speed: 35420 kbps (4427.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 8833 kbps (1104.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

I use my iPod as a portable hard drive so I can download my large files at work. Smile 

Dien_Time

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Not Great? Reply with quote

Thats our connection speed at the Fragster LAN party, however it's 8800kbps up and down - Thank You Vista Broadband Those guys ROCK!

...Dien_Time... 

stickboy5150

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude i am having trouble opening the party list of who has a chair and who is going to be looking through the cracks in the fence. I believe I have made the list but where is it. Shocked  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragster.com Forum Index -> Fragster LAN Parties All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: